I hadn’t done a 5k at Bushy Park for a while, at least not properly. So today I tried to run somewhere close to PB territory. The idea then was to jump straight onto my bike and pedal like a nutter to see if I cramp. The theory being that as I’ve been doing quite a bit of high intensity brick training then I shouldn’t cramp. (Search for EAMC on the net for more on Exercise Associated Muscle Cramp).
Good news: Didn’t get cramp
Bad news: 45 secs shy of a PB, not even duathlon race pace. Fell off my bike in the car park whilst fiddling with my watch. Felt awful with a headache in the morning. Bed at 1am and wasn’t wearing my go-faster shoes. First K was something like 3:30.
Good news: Still a bit of time left to get the speed up before Gijon.
- 10k taper for the weekend sir? (the5krunner.com)
- Elmbridge 10k Race: Gold Medalist (the5krunner.com)
- 5k Parkrun : An Race Interval Session To mix it up a little (the5krunner.com)
- Thumbs up to parkrun Wormwood Scrubs (nikegridman.wordpress.com)
- Duathlon: A new type of race completed. (via Why Triathlon? Because…) (the5krunner.com)
- 5k PB How can I get a parkrun 5k PB this saturday (the5krunner.com)
- Nutrition Plan + Hydration Plan: 5k, 10k, Standard Duathlon, Sprint Duathlon (the5krunner.com)
- Can you wear running shoes to bike the duathlon or triathalon? (the5krunner.com)
- Heart Rate Training and the Pneu Weightless Treadmill Training (via Road 2 Recovery/Road 2 Worlds) (the5krunner.com)
- 5k running: What if I come last? Should I enter? (the5krunner.com)
- 6 minute mile! (via parkrunner) (the5krunner.com)
- 5k Training Plan: SMART Improvement at 75minutes a week. (the5krunner.com)
- Aviva London Grand Prix: Great Britain’s unbeaten Mo Farah aims to stay grounded (telegraph.co.uk)