I ventured into the big boys’ lane today. Well to be fair into a lane. Another first.
With my wife’s friend sharing the same lane there was no excuse to stop. That’s probably the best motivation if you are crap at swimming. Go with a woman.
20 lengths later … sorted. Albeit pull buoy assisted (or is it pool buoy?)
Not bad for a month of swimming in any case. Real zero to hero stuff. OK, perhaps not quite a hero yet. Not even to my biased kids who still think they are better than me.
The tilting bit seems to work.
You’ll be pleased to know that my wife was watching. She’s usually fairly honest and said that I was better than this other guy in the same lane. So there it’s official I was actually better than an adult of roughly the same age. Another first.
- Triathlon Swim-Meister VI: Another day another lane (the5krunner.wordpress.com)
- Triathlon Swim-Meister V: Another big splash (the5krunner.wordpress.com)
- Triathlon Swim-meister IV: Watch Out Luv (the5krunner.wordpress.com)
- Triathlon Swim Fest- My Triathlon Campaign Continues (the5krunner.wordpress.com)
- Triathlon Swim-meister – Improvement Continues (the5krunner.wordpress.com)
- Winter Triathlon Clinics (bozemantritons.wordpress.com)
- Triathlon Wetsuits? An Excellent Advantage for that Modern Endurance Athlete (bigsexymedia.com)