Slightly off topic this one. Maybe you could help.
I have trained faster and harder for a duathlon (10k run 20k cycle 5k run) than I needed to. I am properly hydrated and maxed up with Lucozade sport.
Yet after a fast but not excessive 10k I was cramping up like crazy in my calves when starting cycling.
1. Does ODing on Lucozade sport/carbs potentially cause this.
2. Surely it can’t be caused by salt after only a 10k? Especially after the lucozade sports?
3. I’ve heard that quinine sorts this out (G+T anyone?) ie tonic water taken beforehand for a week.
4. I might not stretch as much as I should.
5. OK I might be getting on a bit!