I nailed a nice PB 4 months ago. Well today was another. Bu this time I knocked off a whopping (almost) 20 seconds which is more than 1.5% of an improvement for me. OK I’ve trained a bit over the last 4 months but I was struggling a little bit with times a minute slower about 3 weeks ago. OK I had the PB shoes on and the new (now christened) PB shorts but they don’t make that much difference.
The difference is beetroot juice and red bull and a bit can be accredited to training. The apparently legal cocktail meant that after 2k I was not hurting like normal.
There you go! If you are lucky enough to read this then keep it quiet. Don’t forget to use things like Red Bull sparingly in sport. I think the beetroot juice you can use as much as you want. Beet-IT is the brand and it is the nitrates in it that work to boost your aerobic performance. The caffeine nulls your sense of pain so you CAN try harder if suitably motivated.
- 5k Today: My Bushy Parkrun Not So Good (the5krunner.com)
- Elmbridge 10k Race: Gold Medalist (the5krunner.com)
- 10k taper for the weekend sir? (the5krunner.com)
- 6 minute mile! (via parkrunner) (the5krunner.com)
- 5k running: What if I come last? Should I enter? (the5krunner.com)
- 5k Training Plan: SMART Improvement at 75minutes a week. (the5krunner.com)
- The needle (justrunjon.wordpress.com)
- Prohibition-Preview | PBS Presents | PBS Video (marycastillo.wordpress.com)
- Go, PBS Kids, Go! (buttcheeksandtoiletbowls.wordpress.com)
- PbP a new experiment in Gaming (meshtime.com)
This content is not sponsored. It’s mostly me behind the labour of love which is this site and I appreciate everyone who follows, subscribes or Buys Me A Coffee ❤️ Alternatively please buy the reviewed product from my partners. Thank you! FTC: Affiliate Disclosure: Links pay commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.