Affiliate Disclosure: All links earn commissionReading Time: 2 minutes
After having moaned a bit on this blog last year about the London Duathlon I feel obliged to give them a bit of free PR this year.
I bemoaned the fact that their distances are ‘wrong’. Wrong in the sense of non-standard rather than incorrectly measured. Apparently the new organisers did change the transition and runs so that they were more accurately matched to the advertised distances.
Well this year they have introduced what they call a ‘classic’ distance. Others will call it a standard distance but never mind! Semantics. 10k run: 40k cycle: 5k run. The bike lap is (per lap) 7 miles or 11.25km so the cycle will be either 45k or 34k
If it’s 3 laps on the bike then getting under an hour for the bike leg is the thing to aim for. Or 2 hours for the whole thing.
Anyway being ‘a bit out’ when compared to the true 10:40:5 is fine. Most events are ‘a bit out’ anyway, so no big deal there.
So hopefully the better duathlon competitors will be entering the classic distance. And for many others that means being able to more properly compare your performance to some Age Group GB athletes.
go on…enter 😉
- the5krunner fraud? (the5krunner.com)
- 5k Taper Plan: Abstinence vs Doing It Properly And a Duathlon Variant (the5krunner.com)
- Duathlon Major Weekend Results: Powerman, Standard English Champs and ETU Sprint. (the5krunner.com)
- Duathlon Rookie (mypostcardsfromhome.wordpress.com)
- Race Recap: My first Duathlon! Mermaid Duathlon, Alameda (foodfoodbodybody.wordpress.com)
- The Saratoga Duathlon (timesunion.com)
- DAY 165 (Richmond Park and Isabella Plantation) (takingsnaps.wordpress.com)
- Cycling Days – Richmond Park (exploringdays.wordpress.com)