It’s getting close – Sunday 9th September 2012 for the London Duathlon in Richmond Park. If you’ve been putting off getting serious about your training then you’ve left it a little late. Now is the time to really start going for it.
Here’s some key dates for your training, regardless of the distance you are doing:
30th August – After this date your training will not make you go any faster. Ensure you taper correctly.
10th August – this is your peak training day. What you do on and around this day will have the MOST effect on your race day performance. So do some great sessions! The influence of training on an arbitraryish scale of this day (10/Aug) is 0.4 whereas today (11/Jul) it’s 0.3. So I guess that’s 33% more effective
- Duathlon Major Weekend Results: Powerman, Standard English Champs and ETU Sprint. (the5krunner.com)
- Another week, another taper (the5krunner.com)
- Triathlon and Duathlon ** Transitions ** – Are they all pretty much the same? (No!) (the5krunner.com)
- 2012 The London Duathlon in Richmond Park – New distance! (the5krunner.com)
- Race Around The World Duathlon – Tinley Park, IL (tootallfritz.com)
- Race Recap: My first Duathlon! Mermaid Duathlon, Alameda (foodfoodbodybody.wordpress.com)