Alistair Brownlee said “There was a bit of a dodgy corner [in the women’s race]. To me that’s just racing. Well, let’s hope I don’t fall off now. That’s just how it goes. You race on the course you’re given, and you get on with it. You don’t comlain about it. We know the corner is dodgy, we knew before the race yesterday the corner is dodgy. Any course corner that gets wet in a city with a white line on it could be slippy. That’s a given.”
Alistair good luck to you and your brother. Go Team GB. Nice flat and fast course so should be ideal for you. I expect an exciting photo finish between you as in the ladies’ race.
The road will be cleaned by the time you get there on Tuesday, it is the premier sporting event in the world after all . Weather forecast is looking good though.
Unlike with Chris Froome I will avoid shouting out any helpful advice as you go around as that will mean you only get bron
- Alistair Brownlee takes triathlon gold and brother Jonny bronze (guardian.co.uk)
- Alistair Brownlee crowned Olympic triathlon champion (thesun.co.uk)
- Alistair Brownlee takes gold in the Olympic triathlon (itv.com)
- Britain equal Beijing gold haul (bbc.co.uk)
- Video: How Leeds went wild for the Brownlees (yorkshirepost.co.uk)
- Athletes congratulate Alistair Brownlee on gold win (itv.com)
- Alistair Brownlee nearly had Olympic hopes sunk by man from the council (guardian.co.uk)
- Yorkshire, Leeds and the Brownlees are over the Olympic moon (guardian.co.uk)
- Alistair and Jonny Brownlee dreamed of sharing the Olympic Triathlon limelight (thesun.co.uk)
- Britain’s Alistair Brownlee wins Olympic triathlon (thehindu.com)