You heard it here first.After the especially round wheels from London 2012 and the Super Aero Suits from Beijing 2008 I can exclusively reveal here for the first time a small part of the secret plans for Team GB cycling at the Rio 2016 Olympics following leaks from a disgruntled team member (with dual French nationality), dissatisfied by the London medal haul.
Remember the recent introductions of super-aero paint in F1? British cycling have tried to conceal that the next generation of bikes will have the same super aero paint used by Maclaren F1. That should significantly reduce drag coefficients by up to 0.005 seconds per lap in the velodromes, a figure which soon adds up over multiple laps to significant gains in time saving.
Of course a wealth of talent and intelligently-coached hard work will also continue to be used in abundance.
- Putting the tongue back into cheek (the5krunner.com)
- You: McKayla Maroney: Vaulter Must Aim for Gold in Rio 2016 Olympics (bleacherreport.com)
- London 2012 Olympics: Team GB mastermind Dave Brailsford: Jess Varnish and Victoria Pendleton’s Bittersweet Olympics (standard.co.uk)
- You: Lolo Jones Has No Plans to Retire, Eyes 2016 Olympic Games in Rio (bleacherreport.com)
- Cycling chief warns world: GB will rule track again in Rio (standard.co.uk)
- Waterfall Skyscraper To Power Rio And The 2016 Olympics (gadling.com)
- Athletics: Liz McColgan tips daughter Eilish to medal at Rio 2016 Olympics after storming in Team GB for London 2012 (dailyrecord.co.uk)
- ‘How did you do it?’ Suspicious French cyclist grills Jason Kenny (theweek.co.uk)
- Gigantic Energy-Generating Waterfall Skyscraper Could Power the 2016 Rio Olympics (inhabitat.com)
- Chinese company to supply Olympic pins for Rio Olympics (wantchinatimes.com)
- David Cameron says British cycling success is driving French mad (guardian.co.uk)