I have had the pleasure of cycling round Richmond Park at the same time as David Weir. I’m sure he will berate the idiot car drivers who give him (and cyclists) about 2 inches of free space before passing them and immediately slowing down. Par for the course in Richmond Park.
Normally I only see him when going up the hills as obviously going down the hill I stick to the 20 mph speed limits. Apparently he has special dispensation to go faster 🙂 Fair enough.
My thoughts on the wheelchair racing. Why not make it a regular Olympic sport? It’s exciting enough. Able bodied people could compete but I imagine would not win because they would weigh more. Similar argument to the inclusion of wheelchair basketball in the regular programme.
David Weir’s golden postbox? Apparently he lives in Carshalton/Sutton in SW London. So I would imagine it would be somewhere near there. The Post Office must be getting a bit short of paint by now 🙂 Great PR for them (with their stamps too)
- Olympics 2012 news: Paralympics: David Weir strikes gold at London 2012 (walesonline.co.uk)
- Paralympics 2012 News: Weir targets more gold (journallive.co.uk)
- David Weir targets gold medal number two (standard.co.uk)
- Paralympics 2012 News: Weir delivers golden moment (journallive.co.uk)
- Live Sport Reports: Weir targets more gold (walesonline.co.uk)
- Latest Sports News: Weir targets more gold (journallive.co.uk)
- National Sport: Weir targets more gold (coventrytelegraph.net)
- Live Sport Reports: Weir delivers golden moment (walesonline.co.uk)
- National Sport: Weir delivers golden moment (coventrytelegraph.net)
- Weir delivers golden moment (standard.co.uk)