IRONKIDS TAKE ON THE HEAT AT LONDON’S RICHMOND PARK
Soaring conditions didn’t deter the sell out 350 children aged 3 to 14 who took part in today’s inaugural IronKids run-bike-run event, in the magnificent setting of London’s Richmond Park.
Staged alongside the world’s largest London Duathlon, which attracts over 3,000 competitors, IronKids provides a fantastic opportunity to inspire our kids of the future, as well as giving them the opportunity of being part of a world class multi sport event. Comprising a run-bike-run, the kids were able to gain a flavour of duathlon in a competitive environment over a distance allocated according to the age of the child.
IronKids aim is to encourage kids to lead an active, positive and healthy lifestyle and this event is very much targeted at children to come and have a go and feel part of the action with many parents competing in the London Duathlon. Staged by World Endurance UK, IronKids is one of the very few opportunities for young people to be part of a world class event.
Kevin Stewart, Managing Director of Ironman UK and Ireland commented, “It is so important to inspire kids for the next generation – this is a really exciting development for the future of triathlon and fantastic to see so many kids wanting to have a go.”
- Richmond Park – London – Duathlon 2012 – Bike Course Review (the5krunner.com)
- London Duathlon (Richmond Park) Warmup for the Duathlon World Championships (the5krunner.com)
- London Duathlon 2012: Richmond Park Weather Warning (the5krunner.com)
- London Duathlon goes from strength to strength. (the5krunner.com)
- London Duathlon In Richmond Park – 3 and a bit weeks to go – GO FASTER INTELLIGENTLY (the5krunner.com)
- London Duathlon In Richmond Park – 10 weeks to go – GO FASTER INTELLIGENTLY (the5krunner.com)
- Taper For The London Duathlon 2012 (the5krunner.com)