Well obviously a sub 20 minute 5k is easy. The results from last Saturday MUDDY 5k in Bushy Park shows 96th placed Steve Cochrane doing a dead 20:00 minutes 5k.
To those of you not as good as me at maths that means that 95 went under 20 minutes. and don’t worry Steve has done it many times before himself.
That was out of a field of 994 which nearly broke the previous (all-time) record of 1000.
So pretty much 10% of runners can do less than a 20 minute 5k. Hmmm.
And you can’t even use the ‘fast course’ argument because of the mud.
Maybe it was just something in the air as the first video below shows (stags)…interesting. The guy gets EXTREME KUDOS for how he sensibly kept the stag at bay. My rehearsed tactics precisely.
- Video: Man chased around Bushy Park by stag (independent.co.uk)
- Mo Farah’s Golden Postbox in Teddington – parkrun record beckons to complete trio of success? (the5krunner.com)
- Stag fright! Man forced to seek refuge in tree after being chased by rutting animal (standard.co.uk)
- Rutting stag stalks walker in London park (telegraph.co.uk)
- CMRC in Barbados…Strong Superbike contingent gearing to entertain Bushy Park (kaieteurnewsonline.com)
- The Parks – Savills in Richmond, Barnes, Wimbledon and Putney (savills.co.uk)
- Video: Sometimes you eat the deer, and … LOL (riehlworldview.com)
- Vieira dominates CMRC Superbike segment (kaieteurnewsonline.com)
- ‘Historic ruling’ for elderly Kenyan victims of torture during Mau Mau uprising (independent.co.uk)