Even a sprint distance duathlon has you running 5+2.5=7.5k – which must be physically similar to 10k if you add in the effect of the 20k bike.
Similarly the 5k at the end of a sprint tri is obviously harder than a basic 5k parkrun – the latter of which has neither a bike session nor a swim before it !
Then again 5k and 10k are physiologically similar.
Just a thought.
- The Perfect Brick – For Triathlon or Duathlon Training (the5krunner.com)
- 5k Run Training Plan For Triathlon (the5krunner.com)
- Long Slow Runs for 5k – So I need to bother and if I do what is a LSR? (the5krunner.com)
- What is the easiest qualification route for the ITU AG World Duathlon Championships in Ottawa 2013? (the5krunner.com)
- 2013: Duathlon & Triathlon Major Events – ETU ITU & National Champs (the5krunner.com)