FTC: Affiliate Disclosure Links may pay commission
When is a PB not a PB? Answer: when it’s a SB. Season’s best.
I was happy with my 5k parkrun SB (the things you go for when PBs become ever harder to get) today. Better than what I had hoped for and also gave me some interesting metrics to input into the start of my 12 week triathlon plan leading up to my A race in Hyde Park in September.
The sprint at the end of a 5K always makes you feel like there is nothing left in the tank but the reality is that we all often slack a bit on the way around – especially on windy ish days like today.
Both today and some fast cycling a couple of weeks back got me to re-evaluate my LTHR (and hence training zones). It seems my heart has got more efficient – shame about the rest of my body. That’s what all those long miles do I guess.
So I can tinker a bit with my HR zones which will mean my longer runs/rides are a tad faster. As my 5k time is down then my faster interval times will also drop correspondingly in training – for a while 😉
- Qualifying for the Hyde Park GB AG Team (Triathlon – Sprint & Standard) (the5krunner.com)
- Parkrun – Absolute Genius! (annamonganruns.wordpress.com)
- MoonWalk recovery…in the shape of ParkRun? (slowcoachrunner.wordpress.com)
- Happy Birthday, Parkrun! (tinyrunner85.wordpress.com)
- Have you discovered your parkrun yet? (distancerunnerdreamer.wordpress.com)
- Portrush parkrun (afterthomas.wordpress.com)
- Top 10 running tips for 5k and parkrun (the5krunner.com)
- Two years on (afterthomas.wordpress.com)
- Porthcawl Parkrun Very Popular (splashup.wordpress.com)
- Parkrun makes way for Parklife so a short run from home instead (reallyarunner.wordpress.com)
This content is not sponsored. It’s mostly me behind the labour of love which is this site and I appreciate everyone who follows, subscribes or Buys Me A Coffee ❤️ Alternatively please buy the reviewed product from my partners at their regular price. Thank you! FTC: Affiliate Disclosure: Links may pay commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.