FTC: Affiliate Disclosure: All links pay commissionMy Cervelo With the latest ‘Mods’ (Photo credit: BlastaUK)
Well this is it.
Hyde Park 2013.
This is the culmination of my training for well over a year. You and others perhaps longer.
There’s no getting away from the fact that this will be the ‘A’ race for very many Brits.
There are open races, aquathons, age group races, elite races (for the youngsters!), sprint tri and olympic tris. All in the setting that we came to love and respect from the Olympics in 2012.
The pre-race disappointment for open event entrants must be that the bike course does not match the 2012 course but for the Age Group bike event it is pretty good. My big downer is run fitness…I ain’t going to win anything anytime soon. That takes the pressure off so I can focus on a good swim and hopefully I can nail the bike (although I seem to remember saying the same thing last year for an ETU event and then failing to hit plan!).
The Serpentine swim club report a colder than expected 16 degree water temp (that’ll do I guess as long as the listeria has been siphoned off). Rain is forecast by the BBC which should help on the run but some of those bike turns might be treacherous. Age group events tend to bring many not-so-skilled cyclists out.
- Brownlees on course to land final one-two (standard.co.uk)
- Britain’s oldest female triathlete: what’s her secret? (guardian.co.uk)
- Royal Parks back down on sports fee (standard.co.uk)
- Non Stanford has good chance of being women’s triathlon world champion (theguardian.com)
- 2 Killed, 1 Critically Injured In Hyde Park Shooting (losangeles.cbslocal.com)
- Here come the World Championships (katiehendersontriathlon.wordpress.com)
- Police: Woman Found Dead In Hyde Park Appears To Be Victim Of Assault (boston.cbslocal.com)
This content is not sponsored. It’s mostly me behind the labour of love which is this site and I appreciate everyone who follows, subscribes or Buys Me A Coffee ❤️ Alternatively please buy the reviewed product from my partners at their regular price. Thank you! This really is reader-powered content.
FTC: Affiliate Disclosure: All links pay commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.