It’s winter! & you are not racing (probably).
What do you need to work on?
1. Firstly is your endurance base. That’s HR Zone 2. Maybe about half of your training time in this zone. Applies to bike and run. The other half of your training would be a bit easier than that or a bit harder ie Z1 or Z3.
2. Power. Do hills and weights; core or pilates or yoga if you want. Applies to bike and run.
3. Skills. Higher cadence work on the bike. Plyometrics for running. Drills ‘n’ skills. Get more efficient.
Simple, but maybe a bit boring.
- Martin Yelling: “Running training is great in the winter” (sykose.com)
- Indoor Cross-Training for Runners: Cycling Trainer (saltmarshrunning.com)
- A little end of end of season race and the long winter nights….. (tritribaby.wordpress.com)
- It’s Race Day! (needtoruntherace.wordpress.com)
- Derek Begins Training (dereksneddonspeedway.wordpress.com)
- Keeping track of cycling and training (templeblot.wordpress.com)
- MTB Beatdown and New Year Goals (geochrisco.wordpress.com)
- Back on the bike in the Peak District (canadiankate.wordpress.com)
- Go hard! : Why train with a heart rate monitor, part 2 (fitisafeministissue.com)