Affiliate Disclosure: All links pay commissionReading Time: 2 minutes
Suunto launches Ambit2 R, the GPS for runners
Suunto’s popular Ambit GPS watch family grows in March with the launch of the Ambit2 R, the GPS watch for runners.
The Suunto Ambit2 R provides responsive and reliable speed and distance readings thanks to FusedSpeedTM, a unique combination of GPS and accelerometer data from your wrist. Running cadence is also measured from your wrist.
Suunto Ambit2 R can also help you reach your performance goals. You can plan your own moves, or download complete training programs from Movescount.com. The watch reminds you of daily targets, tracks target completion, and provides speed and intensity guidance while you run.
Additionally, Track-back and full navigation offer the freedom to explore new trails without getting lost. Download routes from Movescount.com or simply select Track-back at any point during a run. Suunto Ambit2 R will show you the way.
With Suunto Apps, even more running features become available. Personalize your Suunto Ambit2 R with running Apps of your own, or choose from the thousands of free Apps in the App Zone on Movescount.com. They include:
- Virtual coach: Let the coach determine when you should run easy and hard! This App is for endurance intervals. Select your pace level and the coach will give you target paces to run.
- Ghost runner: Challenge yourself against a competitor. A positive distance means that you’re ahead while a negative one means you need to pick up the pace.
- Running efficiency: This App helps you improve your running efficiency by recording the number of heart beats over a kilometer / mile.
- High intensity intervals: This App gives a short but sharp interval work out. Start with a warm up, run 15 x 200m with 30sec recovery and end with a cool down.
- Marathon time: It uses your current speed to give an estimate of your finish time during a marathon, so you can see if you’re on track for that target time.
Movescount.com, the online sports diary from Suunto, makes it easy to analyze every aspect of your training and share your experiences with others.
Suunto Ambit2 R is available in black or white, with the white sporting a soft silicone strap for an improved fit for women. Rrp £199 or £249 with a Suunto heart rate belt. Waterproof to 50 metres and with a 12-hour battery life in GPS mode, you can rely on Suunto Ambit2 R, whatever the conditions.
All new features will also be made available to Ambit2 and Ambit2 S users via a software upgrade later in spring.
- #Review Suunto #Ambit2 and I really am bitten too
- Recommendations on a reliable GPS watch?