*X Running cadence. Aim for about 90-95 strides a minute (180-190 footfalls). If this is quite different from your current natural cadence then changing it for the weekend is unlikely to make a difference – other than a NEGATIVE difference.
All the suggestions are starred:
*** 3 stars. IMHO it will work
** 2 stars. It might work
* 1 star. Can’t hurt
X 1 cross. It CAN hurt if done wrong.
All 50 tips are shown here as a series of posts : https://the5krunner.com/tag/how-to-get-a-5k-pb/ or on twitter using #howtogeta5kpb. They are all SHORT-TERM tips that will work in the next week or so with varying degrees of success.
- Performance & Training Analysis – One Off Assessment
- 5k run Tri PB
- Top 10 running tips for 5k and parkrun
- Pre-Release Info For the Polar Loop Bluetooth Wristband
- Triathlon & Duathlon – top End Gear WASTE OF MONEY!
- 5K: Definitive beginner 5k plan – forget the couch
- Swimming Gadgets for the new triathlete
- parkrun SB – leading up to Hyde Park Tri
- Garmin 910XT firmware upgrade from 2.70 to 2.80
- The joys of swimming