Here it is then. The Garmin 920XT. Here is a link to the Garmin 920XT specifications.
Sep 27: * More * Garmin 920XT image leaks at <this link> on this site BUT new and different content.
EDIT: The Garmin 920XT is now released.
I speculated on some of the features and the look and feel in my fantasy review here (note the words ‘fantasy’ and ‘speculated’).
NOW, however, there is leaked information on the net. That information could be deliberately leaked as part of a social media campaign to get us talking about it (in which case they’ve probably done a good job) or it could be an accident (or two). Anyway, in summary of the leaked information that I am aware of, here is what the 920XT appears to be (and this may not be correct but I believe it is):
- Ships early October 2014 in USA (presumably post-KONA c11 October). Maybe same in UK (A leading UK sportshop say mid- to end of October). Source: Comments from purchaser (below) & from a leading UK sportshop employee. Others suggest some athletes will wear them at KONA and then the unit will go on general sale in November. This ad (bottom of page on this link) HIGHLY suggests a KONA connection.
- USD450 (USD500 with HRM4) OR in the UK GBP390 (GBP420 with HRM4). Source: RDALZIEL & THOMASZ & GARMIN ONLINE SHOP
- It comes in black/blue (also red/white) Source: Garmin ONLINE Shop & POWER13 via Slowtwitch
- Optionally comes with the HRM4 (HRM-RUN) strap Source: GARMIN ONLINE SHOP
- Has Running Dynamics like the Forerunner 620 (vertical oscillation, cadence, ground contact time – which will require the HRM-RUN strap) Source: images here
- Looks broadly like the 910XT with a colour screen! Source: Images here
- The screen shows the regular numeric metrics but with alternate displays ie graphical/colour bars (as shown above) Source: Image here
- It is also an activity tracker able to count steps and the like. Source: POWER13 via slowtwitch & roadrunnersports
- Text/call notifications via your mobile phone using Bluetooth. Source: POWER13 via slowtwitch.
- More advanced recovery/fatigue/VO2/predictor metrics (Probably Firstbeat-based) Source: roadrunnersports
- Swim mode drills: Source: roadrunnersports
- All that the 910XT can do (hopefully) Source of point 12: Me & my furtive imagination
Source: Garmin Latvia from OME
If that’s all it can do I will be surprised. I expect more (if you read my ‘920XT fantasy’ review you will see that there are fairly obvious things that probably will be added later this year such as cycling dynamics – extrapolating from the current Garmin announcements to two months ahead is neither rocket science nor journalistic genius. Garmin usually releases their info on the INTO|SPORTS blog first but when you want a really detailed review then you will head over to this fantastic site dcrainmaker.com).
The following image leaks from garmincdn.com are discussed more at this link <here>.
When I get my hands on one I will tell you more! AFAIK these units are not available in the UK but you might be lucky to find them online in the US eg roadrunnersports and apparently, below in the comments, some people claim to already have pre-ordered them.
Levi D. Comments Here On His YOUTUBE Channel EVOEXPRESS ::
Here’s another one from ICONOSQUARE users GOTOETOTOE & BOJANDJURIC
NOTE: Just to be absolutely clear. I have not seen one of these. The information as far as I know is correct. Much of the information here has come from MULTIPLE SOURCES which appear to be consistent, including the images, ie from inadvertent or deliberate leaks: on the Garmin website shop; some ‘first-hand’ sightings in the US, a US online retailer called roadrunnersports (that has apparently been taking orders, you could certainly at one point add the product to your ‘cart’ on their site – I did it myself); and information from a major UK running shop employee who I spoke to myself. EVERY SINGLE online source (this post is NOT an original source) has been taken down and you can no longer see the original (there is therefore no point in me linking to them), so either the sites were told to take the product information down or the information was wrong. However multiple forums have ‘screen copies’ of, for example, the roadrunnersports page and the Garmin shop page which are the sources of most of the key information here. The images were taken from a forum which were taken from roadrunnersports – who appear to be the original source/leak of the image.