FTC: Affiliate Disclosure Links may pay commission
There have been rumours of the latest variation of the Ambit3, the ‘run’-only version, since the end of 2014. The photo shown is from climbcoop.com and there are actual photos around from 2014 if you care to search Mr Google.
You can look at climbcoop.com or Wikipedia or keskisenkello.fi to see more info of some items listed as for sale but not available for whatever reason.
Anyway by my reckoning there will be an imminent MARCH 2015 release. Maybe as soon as this week, like now!!! I mean REALLY SOON. (No I don’t have one and I’m not under an NDA).
So just keep your eyes and ears open if you are a Suunto-phile. More stuff for you to love.
Features? Well that’s anybody’s guess. It would seem appropriate to compete with the Polar M400 but most likely it will be a cut down version of the functionality of the Ambit3 multisport watch. so you will get BTLE sensors only, you will get a recovery advisor, VO2max estimation and the ability to use on treadmills but none of the fancy Garmin-esque running dynamics which are not too useful anyway TBH.
I’m not overly excited by this per se. However I am quite excited by the pure unadulterated hope that Suunto will get a properly featured movescount update working at the same time on Android so I don’t have to wear a watch just to get a HR reading from swimming. From memory that was scheduled for about now as well.
Price: ? I reckon around £200.
- Suunto Ambit3 Run is the runner’s solution for advanced training.
- Functions: 15h battery w/ 5 sec-GPS accuracy, speed, pace, distance & GPS altitude, route navigation & track back, running cadence from wrist, running performance indication (Firstbeat)*, interval workout planner*, interval workouts w/ voice guidance**, Movescount training programs on the watch, activity based recovery time, quick recovery & sleep quality tests (Firstbeat)*, extended feature set through Suunto Apps, Languages: EN, CS, DA, DE, ES, FI, FR, IT, JA, KO, NL, NO, PL, PT, RU, SV, ZH
- Smart mobile connection with iPhone/iPad.
- Measurements: 50x50x15.5 mm (1.97×1.97×0.61″) | Weight: 70g (2.47 oz) | Bezel Material: Steel | Lens material: Sapphire crystal | Case material: Polyamide | Strap material: Silicone
- *with the Suunto Movescount App | **with Suunto Smart Sensor
Suunto Ambit3 Run is optimized for your perfect running experience. Accurate pace, speed, cadence and distance combined with full route navigation offer you the freedom to explore. Use the Suunto Movescount App to plan your workout and get voice guidance during your run. With the App on your phone you can adjust the watch on the go, and enrich and share your experience. Note! The Ambit3 watches are Bluetooth Smart compatible, not compatible with ANT+(TM) (e.g. Suunto ANT PODs, Suunto Dual or Suunto ANT belt).
This content is not sponsored. It’s mostly me behind the labour of love which is this site and I appreciate everyone who follows, subscribes or Buys Me A Coffee ❤️ Alternatively please buy the reviewed product from my partners at their regular price. Thank you! FTC: Affiliate Disclosure: Links may pay commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.