As expected there is a significant update to the 920XT firmware to support the retrieval of cached HR data – as well as other more minor things too, as shown below.
The cached swim data retrieval fills a big hole that previously existed in the functionality behind Garmin’s triathlon offering.
The HRM product is expected to be available this quarter.
A whole number change in software should relate to a significant upgrade in functionality ie from 4.X to 5.X
Changes made from version 4.20 to 5.20:
- Added HRM-Tri and HRM-Swim support.
- Added Connect IQ 1.1.3 SDK support.
- Added tone-only and vibration-only options to the alarm.
- Added a shortcut for changing the pool size to the shortcuts menu in a pool swim activity.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when uploading an activity to a paired smartphone over Bluetooth