Athletes are often interested in supplements that can demonstrably make you faster.
HINT: There aren’t many of them
HINT: The higher-performing an athlete you are the less difference the supplements that work for others will make.
So instead we can look at supplements that help us recover more quickly or hurt less after exercise. Things like CHERRYACTIVE or CURRANZ can do this.
Then of course we look at a good diet to give our body the ‘stuff’ it needs to work and grow/adapt. Protein, carbs, fat, water, micronutrients.
I was speaking with Olympian, and Team Dillon principle, Stuart Hayes last week (as you do). I asked him what works and what makes you faster. He decried all the fads that we all take and he said the one thing that worked was probiotics.
GutSpace – Probiotics and Gut Health are looked at on this site for example covering kinds of flora and fauna that are found in our digestive tract:
- Bifidobacteria longum – metabolises, ferments, and digests carbohydratesamino acids/bile salts
- Lactobacillus acidophilus – inhibits the growth of unwanted bacteria by lowering the gut pH
- Lactobacillus plantarum – helps IBS sufferers
- Lactobacillus reuteri – helps prevent opportunistic infections and stimulate the immune system
- Saccharomyces boulardii – helps with food-borne diarrhea and C. difficile infections.