Affiliate Disclosure: All links pay commissionReading Time: 2 minutes Otillo Qualifier, Isle of Scilly: Great event – not a paid for advert. Organisers – send me a nice image and I’ll put it up..no charge!
A week in: Triathlon, Tri Gadgets & Related Tech, is some of the more interesting bits that flash up on my screen during the week. It could be: some interesting article on triathlon training; a new activity tracker; a new swim watch; a race; or a reminder on a new bit of software or firmware for one of your devices.
Thank you to everyone who drops me a line with interesting titbits. There’s a huge amount of information out there that’s more than a few people can keep tabs of. [Catchup: Here is last week’s]
- Wahoo ELEMNT release appears to have been delayed until the New Year.
- LIMITS controversial power meter appears one step closer to ‘reviewer-release’ in December.
- Black Friday was a big disappointment unless you wanted to buy a Polar V650 or Garmin 520 or a Polar Loop – plus lots of old tat that you wouldn’t want to buy. Those 3 are all good tho.
- Forerunner 630 beta 3.13 fixing some bugs that should have been sorted out before release. (230, 235 same)
- Fenix 3 v5.10 fixing ANT+ and battery issues that should have been fixed LONG ago.
- Otillo swimrun qualifier announced for Isles of Scilly.
- Joe Friel on Aerobic Capacity workouts year round
- OME tells us how to get free OSM maps on the Edge 520.
- Fitbit Charge HR and Surge can now autodetect exercise – ie more than plain activity. Apparently.
- Some minor and uninteresting updates to Polar Flow. Go on, click, you know you want to 😉
A selection of stuff from the5krunner’s week – normally ranges from ‘not very interesting’ to ‘quite interesting’.