Affiliate Disclosure: All links earn commissionReading Time: 2 minutes
A week in: Triathlon, Tri Gadgets & Related Tech, is some of the more interesting bits that flash up on my screen during the week. It could be: some interesting article on triathlon training; a new activity tracker; a new swim watch; a race; or a reminder on a new bit of software or firmware for one of your devices.
Thank you to everyone who drops me a line with interesting titbits. There’s a huge amount of information out there that’s more than a few people can keep tabs of. [Catchup: Here is last week’s]
A bit delayed this week in anticipation of some last minute pre-xmas firmware releases which DID materialise. Nothing now until the New Year. This weekly summary will resume when there is stuff to summarise which might be post CES-2016. We’ll see.
- I’m not sure if the Velo Wall Stirrups (above) are a good idea or not. Certainly NOT a bad idea. £85/$150…ouch.
- Polar Flow links to STRAVA…finally. Very welcomed.
- Garmin Connect supported on Windows 10 (smartphone/windowsphone). This is great news and would have made Garmin one of the few companies to support all platform until…
- adidas Train & Run also supported Windowsphone10 in the same week!
- More Polar announcements included: fixes for V650 and Flow; updates for Loop 2; and …
- The Polar A360’s future plans for Q1+Q2.2016 were announced to support algorithm improvements for high intensity exercise, speed and distance improvements, AND enabling the A360 as a broadcasting Bluetooth HRM.
- Tinkering with the Garmin 630/235/230 beta 6.25 firmware to fix minor errors in indoor speed/distance as well as indoor/outdoor stride length.
- Bug fixes for Fenix 3 firmware 6.31 beta.
- Amongst all of that I’ve lost the reference to the Fenix 3 which says that all the HRM4-RUN lactate stuff from the 630 will also be included (and the forum is down so I can’t find it…sigh!). We can assume it will be in the 920XT as well – which I’m pleasantly surprised about.
Stuff from the5krunner.
A selection of stuff from the5krunner’s week – normally ranges from ‘not very interesting’ to ‘quite interesting’.
- I showed a rather nice picture of LIMITS technology product box
- Also some thoughts on why switching your base training to long stuff might NOT be a good idea. Perhaps it will only work if your training durations increase too?
There probably won’t be anything too exciting now until the New Year. Although January promises several new product announcement.