The sad news is that it is another variation on the AMBIT3. It’s the AMBIT3 VERTICAL coming in at just over £300 in WHITE, BLACK, LIME or BLUE (official specs below).
It officially supports running power with STRYD (but so do the existing ones). I’m not exactly sure what it is that is new that is being offered – other than being able to plan, monitor and track vertical (climb) stuff with a bit of GLONASS and vibration alerts thrown in.
The topographic map may well be new.
On the whole, that sounds to me like a new APP and/or a few new data fields and, maybe, a map. It doesn’t sound like a reason to brand a new watch variant.
Availability is nowish in North America..to follow in Europe.
Looks like the hopes of an AMBIT4 have gone for a while. On the positive side, lots of product variants/differentiation usually mark the end of one product’s life and the start of another.
Here are the official specs:
- 15h battery with 5 sec-GPS accuracy (1 min-accuracy: 100h)
- Speed, pace, distance
- Altitude (FusedAlti™)
- Route navigation and track back
- Heart rate while swimming**
- Bike power support (Bluetooth Smart)
- Multiple sports in one log
- Interval workout planner*
- Activity based recovery time
- Quick recovery and sleep recovery tests (Firstbeat)**
- Movescount training programs on the watch
- Extended feature set through Suunto Apps
- Languages: EN, CS, DA, DE, ES, FI, FR, IT, JA, KO, NL, NO, PL, PT, RU, SV, ZH
PLANNING AND TRACKING ELEVATION GAIN
- Route planner with topographic map***
- Altitude profile and total ascent visualization***
- Route altitude profile on watch
- Vibration alerts on watch
- Real-time hill incline percentage****
- Vertical gain totals per day, week, month and year
- Compatible with Stryd Running Powermeter
- Compatible with Bluetooth Smart power sensors
RELIVE AND SHARE
- Mobile notifications*
- Add photos to your Moves in Movescount or in Movescount App
- Create a Suunto Movie with 3D map, key metrics and photos*
- Relive and share your experience in social media