FTC: Affiliate Disclosure Links may pay commission
The press release for the Spartan is, err, metaphorically and literally ‘Spartan’.
It’ll be weeks, probably, before we see a half-decent review and a full spec sheet. So, for the moment, it’s just regurgitated marketing info from several official Suunto sources. Here it is:
- Suunto Q&A Session – >>HERE<< 40-odd questions from me and answers by them. With some mysterious ones missed out…
- It’s a GPS Adventure and Athletic Multisport Watch – ie a ‘proper’ triathlon watch
- Competitive battery life, ability to control power consumption – how competitive? Presumably enables features to function less frequently to save power (Rumour: 25-200 hours with GPS – totally unverified)
- Titanium5 bezel – sweet
- Sapphire glass – hard
- 100m waterproof – deep
- Barometric Altitude – actually it’s FusedAlti which I think merges in GPS based altitude as well when it ‘feels’ necessary
- Navigation + GPS + Compass
- Bluetooth Smart – No ANT+ baby, I checked thisisant a while ago
- Outdoor-proof colour touchscreen – outdoor proof!?
- Sports expertise and training insights 24/7 – hmm?
- Models & Prices: Ultra All Black titanium/Stealth Titanium (Eu749+ Eu50 for HR Belt) advanced titanium 5 bezel;
- Models & Prices: Ultra Black /Ultra White (Eu649+ Eu50 for HR Belt) – stainless steel bezel;
- Models & Prices: Ultra Black /Ultra White (Eu649+ Eu50 for HR Belt);
- Dozens of sports modes pre-installed – theoretically you should be ‘good-to-go’ in YOUR sport.
- GPS FusedSpeed – gets speed from GPS as well as from accelerometer. Presumably an algorithm works out the ‘best of both worlds’
- Supports a Bluetooth HRM – probably supports caching like the AMBIT3 for swimming
- Versatile insights over a variety of sports
- Carefully designed sport-specific colour displays to give accurate feedback about your training
- Sport overviews give basic details like durations and distance totals
- Popular sports such as running and cycling have ADDITIONAL SUB-SPORT modes – eg Race, Long-Ride, Interval or Indoor.
- 247 Activity Monitor with daily and weekly summaries
- Training history AND future planned training sessions
- PBs/PRs – eg 5k best or peak cycling power.
- Touchscreen can be turned off.
- Touchscreen has press and hold functionality to bring up context sensitive menus.
- MOVESCOUNT: Discover new routes for your sport with HEATMAPS via MOVESCOUNT WORLD (URL guessed at this stage…still down … or it could be this MOVESCOUNT MAP)
- MOVESCOUNT: Plan moves on topographic maps based on Suunto’s millions of moves already stored on MOVESCOUNT.
- MOVESCOUNT: Moves can be based on the heatmap you are displaying for your sport/town and then downloaded to the Spartan Ultra
- MOVESCOUNT: Moves can be imported into MOVESCOUNT from external sources (map view)
- MOVESCOUNT: Draw routes on google or Mapbox maps and download
Pretty 360 Video:
This content is not sponsored. It’s mostly me behind the labour of love which is this site and I appreciate everyone who follows, subscribes or Buys Me A Coffee ❤️ Alternatively please buy the reviewed product from my partners at their regular price. Thank you! FTC: Affiliate Disclosure: Links may pay commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.