Affiliate Disclosure: All links pay commissionReading Time: 2 minutes
HTC are rumoured to have produced a new device in conjunction with Under Armour (UA). Leveraging on some work in 2016 with the UA ‘Healthbox’ they may now poised to jointly release an AndroidWear smartwatch.
Other sources (wareable) suggest the co-operative venture is DEAD!
Here are some images of the sports watch (Source: Androidpolice.com) showing AndroidWear v1.3 in use and HTC and Under Armour co-branding…
This would be an interesting move on several fronts.
- We recently saw UA partnering with Samsung covering the Tizen OS
- Now that UA are releasing an AndroidWear offering, that gives them coverage over another chunk of the market
- Naturally Under Armour have the iOS apps already released for the Apple Watch.
- So it’s an interesting and clever move to cover all three OSs
- They’ve covered pretty much the whole on-the-wrist market for apps, right?
- …except for Garmin CIQ 🙂 Maybe that will follow or maybe they will just rely on the software links from Garmin Connect to the various under Armour apps? I would NOT BE AT ALL SURPRISED TO SEE A CIQ APP FROM UA in the near future.