HTC are rumoured to have produced a new device in conjunction with Under Armour (UA). Leveraging on some work in 2016 with the UA ‘Healthbox’ they may now poised to jointly release an AndroidWear smartwatch.
Other sources (wareable) suggest the co-operative venture is DEAD!
Here are some images of the sports watch (Source: Androidpolice.com) showing AndroidWear v1.3 in use and HTC and Under Armour co-branding…
This would be an interesting move on several fronts.
- We recently saw UA partnering with Samsung covering the Tizen OS
- Now that UA are releasing an AndroidWear offering, that gives them coverage over another chunk of the market
- Naturally Under Armour have the iOS apps already released for the Apple Watch.
- So it’s an interesting and clever move to cover all three OSs
- They’ve covered pretty much the whole on-the-wrist market for apps, right?
- …except for Garmin CIQ 🙂 Maybe that will follow or maybe they will just rely on the software links from Garmin Connect to the various under Armour apps? I would NOT BE AT ALL SURPRISED TO SEE A CIQ APP FROM UA in the near future.
This content is not sponsored. It’s mostly me behind the labour of love which is this site and I appreciate everyone who follows, subscribes or Buys Me A Coffee ❤️ Alternatively please buy the reviewed product from my partners. Thank you! FTC: Affiliate Disclosure: Links pay commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
2 thoughts on “Under Armour – New Sports Watch Rumoured to be Imminent (Leak of UA-HTC AndroidWear device)”
I really like UA apparel – specially the ColdGear ones. But have no experience with UA software. Are they really good? do they think people will switch from Apple Watch or Garmin to their wearables?? To be honest, their offerings seem to be clones from what’s already existing
most of the apps look pretty similar to me (I’ve looked at them). you can only show a map and average cadence/pace type stuff in so many ways. UA probably do have a more complete offering.
Comments are closed.