FTC: Affiliate Disclosure Links may pay commission
WATTEAM’s Powerbeat power meter is now shipping and available at PowerMeterCity.
Just when you thought it was safe to go out on the streets without finding yet another new place to stick a power meter…
- Relatively easy installation – nothing needs to be replaced, you add it on to your existing cranks;
- Novel location;
- Dual-sided power;
- MTB option – available soon;
- ANT+ and BTLE;
- Cadence +L/R power [plus…PS + TE on ANT+ only – they’re interesting but relatively useless metrics though really];
- >>50 hours battery life in normal use;
- Under $500 a pair; and of course
- 10% discount with PowerMeterCity with the code the5krunner10 (if outside US please check import charges+shipping).
Q: Would I buy one?
A: Yes, if I were buying a PM for the first time for one bike. For a multi-bike solution I’d still go for the BePro as a ‘budget’ option. For a super-cheap option I’d MAYBE try the POWERPOD and for a single crank solution maybe the STAGES. (Discounts on all at PMC)
- Not many.
- Swapping bikes is not possible right now. But, down the line, additional sensors attached to another bike’s cranks will go part-way to making the product bike-swappable.
- Then again. Look back at the price.
More to follow.
This content is not sponsored. It’s mostly me behind the labour of love which is this site and I appreciate everyone who follows, subscribes or Buys Me A Coffee ❤️ Alternatively please buy the reviewed product from my partners at their regular price. Thank you! FTC: Affiliate Disclosure: Links may pay commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.