Affiliate Disclosure: All links pay commissionReading Time: 4 minutes
Welcome news from Polar HQ. We knew that Polar were working on full V800 compatibility for STRYD last year. There’s just been an announcement that ‘proper’ support is now working for the V800. We shall have to see if that filters down the M430 as well soon.
Pair Stryd with V800
Before trying to pair V800 with Stryd, check that you have the latest firmware on your V800. You need to have version 1.10.103 or newer.
- Go to General Settings > Pair and sync > Pair other device and press START.
- V800 starts searching for Stryd.
- Once the Stryd is found, the device ID Stryd xxxxxx is displayed.
- Press START, Pairing is displayed.
- Pairing completed is displayed when you are done.
Train with V800 and Stryd
- On V800 press START.
- Choose a running type sport profile, and wait for to appear on the V800 display.
- Press START to start your session.
- When you start running Stryd will activate and power metrics will be displayed on V800.
What Stryd running metrics are supported in V800?
During a training session you can see power, pace, altitude, cadence and distance.
Add power and other running metrics to your sport profile training views in the Polar Flow web service. See How can I edit sport profiles in Polar Flow? for detailed instructions.
What Stryd running metrics are supported in the Flow web service?
Metrics supported include power, pace, altitude, cadence and distance.
How to export Stryd running power metrics from Polar Flow
- Go to Diary.
- Open a training session
- Export session at the bottom of the page.
- Choose TCX file.
Note that the TCX export only includes the metrics shown in Flow (power, pace, altitude, cadence and distance).
How to sync Stryd running metrics to Stryd PowerCenter
Stryd PowerCenter is a specialized platform to train with power. By exporting your running data to PowerCenter you get new tools to analyze your runs. In PowerCenter you can view power, form power, elevation, cadence, ground contact time, vertical oscillation, leg stiffness, pace and distance. See this video and stryd.com/support for help on getting started with Stryd PowerCenter.
- After a running session with Stryd, first sync your data from the Stryd sensor to the Stryd app. This is done by tapping in top left corner in the Stryd app.
- The data is then automatically synced to PowerCenter.
- Sign into PowerCenter at stryd.com/powercenter with your Stryd account to view the data.
How to export Stryd running metrics to Training Peaks
- Sign into PowerCenter at stryd.com/powercenter with Stryd your account.
- Choose Connect from the tab.
- Choose Connect under Exports to TrainingPeaks.
- Sign into TrainingPeaks with your TrainingPeaks account and authorize Stryd to upload files to your account.
Every time new data is synced to PowerCenter it will also be automatically exported to your TrainingPeaks account