Hey it’s a 1030 Edge box. What does it tell us? Nothing new but here we go again..
- 20 hours battery (cool)
- navigation alerts.
- Performance metrics (as per F5)
- Rider to rider messaging – handy when you are cycling along really close to fast moving cars.
- Group Track – yeah, we knew that
HEADS UP: Headline Specs and FIRST OPINION here
- Incident detection – alert your partner to start worrying.
- Strava live segments – is this new? ….no.
- Trendline popularity routing – aka get routed via the nearest cycle lane.
- Bundle and non-bundle version
- Comes with out-front mount and standard mount (2…blimey!!)
- Cadence sensor, speed sensor, premium HRM (not a sub-standard HRM…a premium one)
- Pre-loaded map. Really? On a high-end Edge? That’s a surprise…..err
- touchscreen….oh dear
- nearly forgot. it looks like this
- Excited? If it’s all CPUd up and over-powered then, yes. otherwise, no.
Source: @prestachuk…probably works for Garmin in some way. Sigh. You don’t get 2 lots of Edge 1030 goodness by working for Exxon Mobil or the Government.
Here’s a picture of a MIO CYCLO 505HC from about 20 years ago. It’ll look like that…pretty much