Affiliate Disclosure: All links pay commissionReading Time: 2 minutes
Garmin’s likely intentional leak of Vivoactive 3 images recently to the mainstream tech media, as above (Wareable), has been followed today with the specs. The Vivoactive 3 is imminent.
The problem is that it looks good.
The problem is that Fitbit are going to be quaking in their ‘will-our-new-product-work?’ boots.
IN A SENTENCE
Looks good, should HOPEFULLY work well, feature-full, won’t replace the high-end sports watches from Garmin and unfortunately lacks on-board music
SOME MORE DETAIL
Here are some of the features lined up for the Vivoactive 3 and it looks so good that I might even get one myself:
- Yawn…all the usual Garmin stuff:
- GPS+GLONASS and live track
- ANT+ and Bluetooth sensors
- all the Varia (vision, bike light and radar)
- not power sensors though….
- Optical HR + rebroadcasting via ANT+ + 247 HRrest
- Sleep tracking
- Intensity minutes
- HRV & Stress Level (at resting levels)
- Personal records
- Navigation, including back-to-start and electronic compass
- Laps, alerts (eg zone-based), pool sizes,
- Auto pause, auto lap, auto scroll
- smart/per second recording
- Fenix 5 charger (or very similar)
- Swim proof to 5ATM
- Barometric altimeter
- 20mm pin-based bands…NOT the QuickFit (Fenix 5) ones
- Battery: up to 13 hours of GPS or up to 7 days as a smartwatch
- Connect IQ app store
- Smart notifications
Yep it looks awesome with all that. Pretty too
Impressed? Of course not. That’s the normal stuff. In true Mike Myers QVC style…”Wait, there’s more”
- Garmin Pay – yep. contactless payments. Mr(s) R&D has been very busy in Olanthe
- Music control (from your smartphone) – darn, thought that was going to be on the device when I first saw it.
Price: Not sure. Probably well North of £/£/Eu250. This is going up against the Apple 2/3 and Fitbit Ionic.
Availability: Probably will be announced w/e 8th Sept to be bought by you very soon after, CERTAINLY in time for Christmas
Source: Garmin, via FCC