I finally updated my Garmin Connect Mobile iOS app today and was pleasantly surprised to get the new workout creation facility. Here are a few screenshots with some comments afterwards
- It’s been in beta and known about for some time
- The same functionality is on android too.
- Workouts sync across all net/ios/android devices…and hence to your sports device by your chosen connection/device
- The flow for creating a workout is very similar to Garmin Connect online…just on an app instead. It’s probably a fraction clunkier in places as a result but perfectly good for the purpose
- There might be subtle differences in precisely how the workout creation works but I couldn’t particularly see any.
- The slideshow specifically highlights that custom zones can be created in a workout. for example to set custom bike power zones (no running power zones of course) – I only showed that as someone was asking about that only this week.