April is getting very exciting.
Being British that will normally manifest itself with a comment like ‘yeah, it’s alright at the moment I suppose. I hadn’t really thought about it‘.
But I’ve already used the word ‘EXCITING’; and ‘AWESOME’ wouldn’t go amiss either. Perhaps I really do have American roots?
Anyway. I’ve run out of meaningful arm space…it’s THAT exciting. Temper that in your mind with the knowledge that I wouldn’t have two optical devices on the same arm/wrist at any one time. That still means I might be laden down with 4 at a time. My regular reader will know that I try to avoid such overt displays of watchyness.
But I am having probelms building up 7 days’ worth of activity/sleep so that the on-device screen and app displays come up with data that show I’m using it regularly! The truth is, I’m rotating A LOT.
All this excitement is happening with running/tri devices, so I’m very happy about that. the5krunner, right? The only downside is that I haven’t got enough time with the demands of ‘other work’. Queue suitable hashtag for the youngsters…#Sigh.
Without further ado. These are on and off my wrist/arm this month.
- Polar OH1 – it’s there on my arm quite a lot. It’s just handy to have a device that caches accurate HR. Why oh why does it not have ANT+.
- Suunto 3 Fitness – I’m excited about this more than I initially thought I would be. I’ve had to steal (I mean borrow) a family member’s iPhone to use the beta app and I’m having problems properly testing the rather clever adaptive training as it’s not really geared to someone who trains as frequently as me. REALLY=it’s not.
- Mystery tri watch – I might put out some GPS accuracy results this week if I have time. Along with revealing its true identity.
- Fitbit Versa – PLEASE let it be good.
- Garmin Forerunner 645 Music – I need to write the review. I’ll probably release the GPS test results as that’s infinitely easier ;-). It’s been surprisingly “consistent” and, at least whilst running, ‘live’ data seems to tally well with the 935 worn at the same time. I’m not sure if you’d say that was good or bad. I quite like the music implementation in many respects and the 645 features here in the polemic Best Running Watch with Music.
- On that note, I have the Garmin Forerunner 935 as well of course. Will it still be the best triathlon watch in 6 month’s time?
- Mystery WearOS watch – I’m just being cagey. It’s not a new 2018 model. But it’s pretty cool nevertheless. And, no, it’s NOT the pretty Mobvoi TICWATCH.
There ARE more bike devices coming but not to me and not yet. I might do a Power Meter but not this month. Have a look at this:
This content is not sponsored. It’s mostly me behind the labour of love which is this site and I appreciate everyone who follows, subscribes or Buys Me A Coffee ❤️ Alternatively please buy the reviewed product from my partners. Thank you! FTC: Affiliate Disclosure: Links pay commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.