RunScribe have finally announced today that the longstanding ‘sensor fusion‘ beta process is finished – ie Sensor Fusion is LIVE.
This means that the pace/distance calculations should now be notably more accurate if you are coming from a previous non-beta version. I am assuming that this will also feed through into a more refined running power calculation. Running Power is also LIVE.
- If you already have RunScribe Plus then you need to follow the instructions below to update the firmware and double-calibrate the pods.
- If you are looking to buy some Pods then now is a sensible time (details and discounts below)
- RunScribe Plus definitely gives the most detailed gait mechanics for a runner. For a start it has LEFT and RIGHT stats.
- RunScribe Plus should give you notably more accurate pace/distance than most other pods – perhaps only STRYD will be slightly better.
- If you are ONLY looking at running with power then RunScribe Plus *IS* a contender but you will also need to consider: Garmin Running Power (sort of free but likely least accurate); Polar Vantage V (October 2018 release); and STRYD
RunScribe Plus Update Tips
- Upgrade pods to firmware >v36.01 via the smartphone app
- On a table: Then on the app RS Tools -> Calibrate Flat.
- On your shoes: Then on the app RS Tools -> Calibrate Mounting
If you want to see what RunScribe went through to get this as correct as they could before calling the product ‘final’ then have a look here: @beta_sensor_fusion (You eill probably need to join the beta group first tho)
PRICE, AVAILABILITY & DISCOUNT
V3 RunScribe Plus Pricing: USA $250, UK/EU GBP250
DISCOUNT CODE: SCtfk10 (UK, USA and EU)
If you want to get a pair of RunScribe pods now you can buy direct from RunScribe in the USA using the image links below.