Huawei Watch GT
- Bezel/body is ceramic and steel
- AMOLED screen is 1.39″, and a good 454x454px resolution
- Weight 46g – super light
- Just over 1cm thick
- GPS, GLONASS, BEIDOU / GALILEO
- The oHR unit looks impressive with a series of LEDs/sensors (2+2?). It certianly looks better than the standard ‘cheap’ 3rd party oHR arrays that are often used but it is unlikely to match what can be delivered by Polar/Garmin/Valencell.
- It claims to use different wavelengths of light to the normal orange/green. That deserves a great big “HMMMMM”.
The OHR seems to claim to measure resting HRV and hence stress.
There will be the almost obligatory guesses at sleep stages and sleep quality as well as, below, also now-obligatory NFC payments and notifications support
The battery life looks relatively good though with, perhaps, 22 hours of GPS usage. ie this is not WearOS.
Some screen layouts look ‘normal’ and similar to Garmin and Suunto but there two middle ones look slightly novel.
There is also some clever Firstbeat metrics and functions included
Huawei Watch GT Specifications – ACTUAL and in detail
- Length x width x height: 46.5 mm x 46.5 mm x 10.6 mm
- Wrist coverage range 14 ~ 21 cm
- Approximately 46 g (without the strap)
*Product size, product weight, and related specifications are theoretical values only. Actual measurements between individual products may vary. All specifications are subject to the actual product.
- Colour: Black Stainless Steel, Stainless Steel
- Material: Metal + Plastic + Ceramic
- Graphite Black Silicone Strap,
- Saddle Brown leather Silicone Strap,
- Glacier Gray Silicone Strap,
- Fluorescent Green Silicone Strap
- 1.39 inch AMOLED colour screen
- Resolution: 454 x 454, PPI 326
The AMOLED touchscreen supports slide and touch gestures.
- Internal ROM 128 MB, internal RAM 16 MB
*Due to limitations in CPU processing power, memory used by the operating system and pre-installed applications, the actual space available to users may be less than the stated memory capacity. Actual memory space may change due to application updates, user operations, and other related factors.
- Wi-Fi: Not supported
- Bluetooth: BT4.2, BLE
- Accelerometer sensor
- Gyroscope sensor
- Magnetometer sensor
- Optical heart rate sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- Barometer sensor
- Power button, function button
- Android 4.4 or later
- iOS 9.0 or later
<= 2 hours (under 25 °C ambient temperatures)
- 14 days for typical use.
The typical usage scenarios are decided based on the user habits.The specific battery life depends on the user habits and usage frequency.
In the box
- Watch x 1
- Charging cradle x 1
- Charging cable x 1
- User Guide x 1
The marketing claims seem to support a sporty pedigree. I REALLY want to believe this will be good.
Original Source: modified translation from foroatletisimo via @Zoser