The PowerTap P2 is now listed at powertap.com but as of 16October there is nothing there except a name and placeholder. Josh from PowerMeterCity has given me the specs he has from the PowerTap rep, listed below.
Even though there is a dearth of information out there; fear not, you can pre-order these babies right NOW and with a 10% discount at PowerMeterCity (info below).
Let’s start off with a beauty parade. Beautiful, that is, if you like the silver look of the forged aluminium.
Despite a decreased weight when compared to the P1 and an increased battery life when compared to the P1, the P2 looks highly similar to the P1. If it’s anything like the P1 it will be a very solid performer.
- L/R measurement over BLE/ANT+. Not clear if it is combined channel BLE
- Weight 199g/pedal (32g lighter than P1 – a superflous analog/digital component has been removed)
- AAA battery giving up to 60-80 hours (Lithium recommended, aforesaid component consumed the juice before). P1 is 60 hours.
- Claimed Accuracy +/- 1.5%
- Simple spanner/wrench installation
- Stack height 14.0mm
- Spindle Length 53mm
- Some improvements to internal component manufacture might extend life of bearings which should be be Eu-servicable (link to: slowtwich.com)
- Single-sided P2S model is not announced
- There will probably be numerous subtle changes like battery cap improvements
See how the P2 comapres in detail to the other PM pedals…
Availability, Price & Discount
It’s listed at $899 (with a 10% discount at PowerMeterCity for the code the5krunner10) and available from mid-November 2018.
Please help support this site in your next purchase by using one of these sites. The Power Meter City (USA) and Cycle Power Meters (EU/UK) links both help support this site and both usually offer a 10% discount
|Assioma code for 10% discount – “the5krunner10“||Assioma code for 10% discount – “the5krunner10”|