Suunto have just updated the Suunto 9 model with the ability to enable/disable GLONASS on its new Sony GNSS chip.
Firmware details: suunto.com
The GLONASS enablement is squirreled away in the navigation menu, which is slightly unusual. Perhaps Suunto only see it being worth using in scenarios related to navigation rather than sports performance (ie distance and pace reporting). I’ll probably test it and see as I have the COROS APEX to do the same with which, coincidentally, has the same Sony GNSS chip (same as the Polar Vantage too).
SPARTAN Firmware has also been updated and you get all of the goodies below:
- New notification at the end of the week showing you a quick summary of your training.
- When you set a general target for an activity, you can now follow your progress in real-time during the activity via progress bar on your first
- You are now able to add HR zones and graph views in custom sport modes.
- You can now easily reject or answer calls from your Spartan.
- Sleep data insights for each of the past 7 days are now available in the watch.
- New watch face showcasing weekly training vs your goal and battery level remaining.
- Hebrew can now be selected as a language in your Spartan.
I’d not used the Suuntos for a few months and revisiting them it was pleasantly surprising to see the once-spartan menus now looking much more feature-packed.
Edit: PS the new firmware give MUCH better accuracy I reckon