Affiliate Disclosure: All links earn commissionReading Time: 2 minutes
The Polar Vantage Roadmap has been updated and now the next major release will include several new features from the recently announced Polar IGNITE fitness watch. As expected, most of the Ignite’s new features are included with the exception seeming to be the FITSPARK training.
Basically that means more sleep and recovery stuff. And if you check your Polar FLOW app you should see some new SLEEP screens there.
The features in v4 look to cover all the features that I need myself.
Timing: October 2019
- Galileo/QZSS/BeiDu satellite system support. This update improves GPS functionality in specific areas.
- Fitness Test: You can do it both with wrist-based heart rate and chest strap heart rate sensor.
- Zone Lock: You can lock a training zone during your workout.
- Lap details: time, distance, average pace etc., in the training file on your Vantage watch.
- Manual stride sensor calibration.
- Sleep Plus Stages: Deeper information on your sleep with sleep cycles and sleep score.
- Nightly Recharge: A recovery measurement that shows how well you recover from stress and training during the night.
- Serene breathing exercise: Relax your body and calm down your mind with the new Serene breathing exercise.
- Constant backlight setting for training: you can choose to have the backlight always on during training sessions.
- Inactivity Alert: When you’ve been sedentary for an hour, you get an alert so that you know it’s time to get up and take a little walk.
- Enhancements for existing features.
Timing: December 2019
- Strava Live Segments support (only for Vantage V).
- Race Pace.