Huami Amazfit Stratos 3 Specifications
The latest Amazfit Stratos multisport watch could be a market-beater for Huami/Amazfit. Certainly, the specifications look the part but only a good dose of testing prior to a review will see if the Stratos 3 can overcome the drawback of the sensor quality and interface of the promising previous model.
It certainly looks the part, just like the previous model. At first glance, there seems to be little difference but then you’ll quickly see that the 3 button controls of the previous model have been replaced by the innovative 2+2 button interface with 2 of those 4 buttons coming via a ‘rocker’ switch of some sort. That’s kinda quite ergonomically clever to have 4 buttons on one side.
Will it work? Only time will tell.
Huami Amazfit Stratos 3 Headlines
Through their initial marketing, Huami wants you to be acutely aware of the new, highly readable display (claimed) and they are also keen to point out a whopping 14 days of life in ‘Ultra’ mode – which comes out to a highly creditable 70 hours of real GPS usage. Couple that with 19 sports modes, NFC (China-only) and a good dose of Firstbeat features then I was certainly intrigued to delve some more into the details.
Next up we see there are two case versions. The basic stainless steel+silicone model is bettered by the titanium bezel and button of the Elite version which also has a sapphire screen. #Nice.
Then we come to the inevitable confusion of two operating systems each of its own chip. One for sports and one for the rest. I don’t know why they had to tell me that. I guess the argument would be that one is ‘tuned’ for sports usage.
GPS, Battery Modes & Connectivity
The smart mode gives a battery life of 7 days which includes 30 MINUTES of sports usage plus basic smart functionality which includes 24×7 HR. That doesn’t sound great but, actually, I think it’s fine as we then have more serious sports modes to deliver maximum accuracy over 35 hours, a balanced accuracy profile over 45 hours and a power-saving true endurance profile of 70 hours.
GNSS covers GPS, GLONASS and GALILEO (+regional). We’ll see later how accurate they might be. I also read that the now ever-present Sony GNSS chip is used, which we know CAN be quite good if integrated properly or not so good if poorly integrated.
The inclusion of WiFi looks interesting. I’m not entirely sure what it will be used for though as I would assume that workouts are sync’d over Bluetooth to the companion app and that Music will not support WiFi syncing at all. Let’s hope I’m wrong and there are direct uploads to, for example, STRAVA.
19 Sports Modes
and of course, the Stratos keep the previous incarnation’s ability to play up to 1.9Gb of music stored on the watch via Bluetooth headphones
The Firstbeat features I believe are the same as on the original STRATOS and which include: VO2max Fitness Level, Training Effect: Aerobic, Training Load, Recovery Time Advisor, Real-Time Performance Condition, Personalized Training Plans: Cardio, Real-Time Coaching and Calories Burned.
Huami Amazfit Stratos 3 Specifications
Now you know…
- Machine diameter – 48.6mm
- Watch thickness – 13.4mm (heart rate Lens to TP screen)
- weight – About 59.6g (Amazfit Smart Sports Watch 3), 68.7g (Amazfit Smart Sports Watch 3 Elite Edition)
- Body material – Metal, glass-reinforced polycarbonate
- Strap type – Quick release silicone strap (Amazfit smart sports watch 3), Quick-release fluoro rubber strap (Amazfit Smart Sports Watch 3 Elite Edition)
- Strap width – 22mm
- Strap length – Long strap with 120mm, short strap with 75mm
- Display – 1.34-inch reflective low-power colour display
- Resolution – 320 X 320px
- Touch screen – AF coated Corning Gorilla 3 generation tempered glass (Amazfit Smart Sports Watch 3), AF + AR-coated sapphire (Amazfit Smart Sports Watch 3 Elite Edition). the touch screen can be entirely disabled for sports usage.
- Button – 4 right-side buttons (2+2 on a rocker switch)
- System mode – Intelligent mode, Ultra mode (supports ultra-low power)
- RAM – 512MB LPDDR3
- Memory – 4G eMMC (user available space is about 1.9GB)
- Sensor – BioTracker PPG Bio-Tracking Optical Sensor (Accelerometer, Gyro, Air pressure sensor, Geomagnetic sensor)
- Connection – Bluetooth 4.2 BLE 5.0, WiFi 2.4GHz 802.11b/g/n
- Positioning – GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo
- NFC – TBC (China-only)
- Battery – 300mAh lithium-ion polymer battery
- Charging time – About 2 hours
- Charging method – Magnetic
- Lifetime –
- Smart mode 7 days – Use the factory default settings, all-day heart rate standby (Bluetooth connection mode), 150 messages per day, 30 times for wrist display, 30 minutes for outdoor sports, 5 minutes for other operations, 4 times for NFC card swiping;
- Ultra mode 14 days – Use the factory default settings, all-day heart rate standby (Bluetooth connection mode), 150 messages per day, 30 times for wrist display, 30 minutes for outdoor sports, 5 minutes for other operations, 4 times for NFC card swiping;
- GPS mode – Accurate 35 hours / Balance 45 hours / Power saving 70 hours
- Precision and equalization mode – Turn on heart rate detection, touch function, turn on notification reminder function, LCD low power is always on, update the wrist 10 times every hour, select accurate GPS recording accuracy, balance GPS recording accuracy;
- Power saving mode – Turn off heart rate detection, touch function, notification reminder function is off, LCD low power is always on, and the wrist is updated 10 times per hour;
- Note: GPS mode can be adjusted in three sport modes: trail running, outdoor walking and mountaineering. Accurate GPS recording accuracy is available in other outdoor sports modes.
- waterproof level – 5ATM, support for swimming
- operating system – Amazfit OS
- supporting device – Android 5.0 or iOS 10.0 and above devices that support Bluetooth 4.0
- Accessories – Dedicated USB charging stand, instruction manual, running manual
This content is not sponsored. It’s mostly me behind the labour of love which is this site and I appreciate everyone who follows, subscribes or Buys Me A Coffee ❤️ Alternatively please buy the reviewed product from my partners. Thank you! FTC: Affiliate Disclosure: Links pay commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.