It looks like one of the first optical HR companies is back with a bang…I mean band.
This is Mio global who made the MIO Link (Velo, Fuse) and similar HR straps. They used a Phillips sensor and were GOOD at the time and I think I still l have them in a box somewhere. IIRC the Link was the one that I used to prove that ANT+ would travel just a little way underwater.
Announcing the Mio POD … albeit very quietly. Shhhhh
This has been on the cards for over a year but the Youtube Video below is the first official info I’ve seen
- Valencell oHR
- Suggested upper arm wear position
- Haptic/Vibration feedback
- LED/Zone feedback
- Cached memory
- ‘Other metrics’ stored in memory over and above HR
- Likely will transmit ANT+ as well as definitely transmitting BLE to the MIO APP
- Firstbeat Metrics include: Aerobic and Anaerobic Training Effect, Training Load, Recovery Time and Calories
This seems to be competing with Wahoo Fit, Scosche Rhythms, and Polar Oh1/OH1+, perhaps their app with physiological feedback can give them a slight edge after that somewhat abortive attempt a few years ago to invent some metrics of their own. I reckon they might be on to something here in the fitness space.