Affiliate Disclosure: All links earn commissionReading Time: 2 minutes
The successful NIKE Oregon Project (NOP) is to be closed. A Leaked memo yesterday to Runners World had that confirmation given by CEO Mark Parker.
NOP must be one of the most successful athletic projects for several decades. I’m trying to think which the ones in the ’70s were called 🙁
Whilst the NOP has a majority of American athletes, there are of course, notable other nationalities like last week’s 1500m and 10,000m World’s gold winner Sifan Hassan; her win at those two distances and the margin of her 1500m victory were incredible to watch. Her 10,000m victory time was a year’s best time and, apparently, only her second ‘proper’ race at the 10,000m distance. Impressively she is also the ER 5k and World Record holder (Road) at 1500m and has a Half Marathon time of 77:10 as well as other records at 3k, 15k and 20k. A truly gifted athlete. Good for her! Mo Farah was also phenomenally successful at the Olympics but retired from the NOP and from track racing a couple of years ago and, perhaps, being Britain’s greatest ever endurance athlete.
- United States Galen Rupp
- United States Jordan Hasay
- United States Shannon Rowbury
- Japan Suguru Osako
- United States Craig Engels
- United States Clayton Murphy
- United States Eric Jenkins
- Netherlands Sifan Hassan
- Ethiopia Yomif Kejelcha
- United States Donavan Brazier
- Germany Konstanze Klosterhalfen
- Australia Jessica Hull
- United Kingdom Mo Farah
- Canada Cam Levins
- United States Dorian Ulrey
- United States Tara Erdmann
- United States Luke Puskedra
- United States Dathan Ritzenhein
- United States Mary Cain
- United States Treniere Moser
- United States Kara Goucher (Whistle Blower)
- United States Adam Goucher
These are involved in running the NOP
- Alberto Salazar, Head Coach (recently banned as he “trafficked testosterone and in 2017 he was accused of boosting athlete’s L-carnitine levels INTRAVENOUSLY)
- Pete Julian, Assistant Coach
- Dr Darren Treasure, PhD.
- David McHenry, Physical Therapist
What do you think?