Suunto has today provided some clarification on the way ahead with their migration from the MOVESCOUNT platform. Here are some of the headlines and, further below, links to the original announcements back in January & April this year.
- Some good news for Ambit 1/2/3 and Traverse Owners:: In 6-9 months time there will be an ability to connect to the Suunto app on the smartphone via computer-based SuuntoLink software. This will allow watch settings, routes and sport mode customization to still work BUT ONLY for those watches.
- Some BAD news for Movescount APP lovers as this will be removed from the app stores on 18 December 2019. It will still work on your phone after this date but you won’t be able to update it or re-install it
- Movescount.com will effectively be de-branded but still working on the net providing key services behind-the-scenes
- All new firmware will be delivered only via SuuntoLink
- Analysis, reporting and workout summaries will only be available on the Suunto app
I looked through the press release and couldn’t easily summarise it so HERE is a link to Gerald’s more detailed discussion of the original.
This content is not sponsored. It’s mostly me behind the labour of love which is this site and I appreciate everyone who follows, subscribes or Buys Me A Coffee ❤️ Alternatively please buy the reviewed product from my partners. Thank you! FTC: Affiliate Disclosure: Links pay commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.