Stages infrequently issue firmware updates as their PM product set is generally pretty stable in my experience (Gen 3). However this one dropped last week and might well be worth updating to if, perhaps, you were experiencing right-side power spike issues. Enabling the gyroscope is only possible with the Android app (Edit: 8 April, now iOS) and only possible solely with the right crank paired (Edit: 8April, This seems different on the iOS version) and this helps corrects cadence spikes which helps correct power spikes (see 5th image below).
Date: 01/29/20 (m/d/y)
Firmware Release #: v1.6.1
Replaces Release #: v1.5.1
- Support for 3.1 and 3.2 IC meters.
- Improved auto-zero values.
- Support for cadence-only meters.
- Magnet-based cadence automatically enabled when a magnet is detected. Resets on sleep.
- ANT broadcast correctly transmits serial number.
- Right-side meters correctly use gyroscope (must be enabled via app).
I have always had unmatching calibration numbers but the new firmware hasn’t changed them so I guess all is good. Anyway, in case this is your first Stages firmware update you’ll need to download the Stages Power app and do this…