One of the advantages of having an account with every sports platform on the planet is that you occasionally get a glimpse into their planned, possible futures when one of their surveys hits your desktop. All the companies do it and so making the ‘news’ last week was such a survey concerning Wear OS, I thought little of it at the time and had one from Wahoo a week or two earlier. It was a VERY long Wahoo survey (from VOCII), it’s closed now so I will only go through it form memory
Here it is
Hmm. After spending a vast amount of time telling them about stuff this was about all they were asking about (IIRC)
- They are considering new mounting options
- They are considering a MTB/Trail bike computer
Via: Droid Life
This was the reported list from Droid Life but it’s almost exclusively a list of ‘stuff that competitors already do’.
- SPO2 Tracking: Keeps track of the level of oxygenation in the blood and alerts if levels fall below normal levels
- Water-Intake Tracking: Automatically tracks the number of glasses of water you drink with reminders over the course of the day to make sure that you are well hydrated
- Food & Calorie Tracking: Manually track food and calorie intake over the course of a day
- Flights of Stairs: Automatically keep track of the number of flights of stairs that you climb
- Breathing Exercises: Guided breathing exercises and reminders to help you relax and practise mindfulness
- Compass: Built-in compass to help you find your direction while hiking or driving
- Elevation Tracking: Keep track of climbing, descending and changes in altitude during workouts
- Cycle Tracking: Automatically keep track of your cycle and fertility
- Smart Alarms: Wakes you up in the morning at the appropriate time in your sleep cycle so you feel more rested
- Sleep Apnea Detection: Monitors and detects symptoms of sleep breathing abnormalities and sends out alerts and advice
- Sleep Analysis: Analysis of sleep quality, and reasons for not sleeping well, and advice on improving sleep patterns
- Heartbeat Alerts: Monitors heartbeat and sends alerts if an irregular heartbeat is detected
- Automatic Workout Detection: Your smartwatch would automatically be able to detect when you start a workout and prompt you to start logging the activity
- Rep Detection: Automatic detection for the number of reps for activities (e.g. push-ups, squats, etc.)
- Recovery Time: Tracks the time needed between workouts to make sure that you are fully recovered
- Activity Logging: Ability to manually track and edit different types of workouts and activities
- tress Tracking: Automatically monitors your level of stress to help you build better awareness to manage stress
- Gym Equipment Pairing: Pair watch to compatible gym equipment for more accurate tracking of your activities
- Medical Device Pairing: Pair watch with medical devices (e.g. blood sugar, blood pressure monitors) so that readings can be synchronized and accessed on the watch
- Indoor Air Quality: Monitors the air quality of an indoor environment
- Activity/Vitals Tracking: Automatically monitor and capture metrics for basic vitals and activities
- Share Vitals: Automatically share your heart rate and vitals with emergency services if you’ve been in an accident
- Micro-logging: Quick and easy way to manually log how you are feeling and what you are doing
Some of these will require new hardware and new hardware capabilities (by Qualcomm), for example, a better processor to do more data-crunching overnight as well as a heart rate sensor that can detect blood oxygen. Yet it is a good list when you remember that you are dealing with a multi-million person user base and so, even though some fo these features might seem peripheral to you and me, there will be significant absolute numbers of people interested in them.
This content is not sponsored. It’s mostly me behind the labour of love which is this site and I appreciate everyone who follows, subscribes or Buys Me A Coffee ❤️ Alternatively please buy the reviewed product from my partners (which costs you no extra) and, for that, I receive a small commission. Thank you! This really is reader-powered content.
FTC: Affiliate Disclosure: All links pay commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.