new Coros Firmware and a reminder about SportTacks 3.1 and Runalyze
Coros has slowly been updating the features on their Vertix, Apex and Pace models. Bit-by-bit, month-by-month they have evolved into highly competent outdoor and multisport sports watches with awesome battery life and good looks to boot. The feature set has always been good and today’s new additions are starting to add in some of the nice-to-have features like the transmission of HR over Bluetooth and Runalyze integration. Even obscure stuff is now starting to be added like MGRS support for GPS (no I didn’t either! – see link further below)
- Adds Battery Usage feature to track your watch habit and provide the estimated battery time remaining. Press and hold the BACK/LAP button to access this feature via the toolbox menu.
- Adds Bluetooth-supported heart rate broadcast feature. Press and hold the BACK/LAP button to access this feature via the toolbox menu.
- Adds Nutrition Alert feature that provides time-based reminders during workouts.
- Adds Lap Vertical Speed data type for Trail Run, Hike, Mountain Climb and Bike modes.
- Adds breadcrumb navigation feature for Multisport and Ski Touring modes.
- Adds lap as a distance option for interval training under Track Run mode.
- Adds MGRS capability for GPS coordinates.
- Adds customization for workout modes and toolbox menu so that unused features can be rearranged on the watch via Device page on the COROS app.
- Adds full Polish support as system language.
- Stores data page preferences to the COROS account in case of watch reset and new watch pairing.
- Adds Runalyze integration.
Coros’ inclusion of Runalyze integration is a handy reminder that next week SporTracks 3.1 reaches end-of-life and one of the free routes forwards would be to try RUNALYZE – info on the image to the right.
Coros hinted at STRYD support some time ago but then brought out their own pod, so will the next announcement move them further down the running power route?
Coros has a history of releasing LOTS of new watch variants. Perhaps there is something to look forward to there? or maybe the world’s current supply chain issues will hold back Coros just like everyone else?
We will see.