Acclimation Widget on Fenix 6
With the exception of the FR945, all the Fenix 6 series today received a BETA update that you can now try at your own risk following the instructions in the links further below.
The heat acclimation capability has been available since launch (more details) and the feature makes adjustments like VO2max correction, although note your body (and the algorithms) will likely take 4 or more days until full acclimation. Also of interest is the addition of dual ANT+/BLE broadcasting of optical HR.
- What’s new: What’s new here is the ability to add the acclimation info as a widget and, with the new widget glances, I reckon these are implemented now in a much-improved manner.
- What’s new: Despite some limitations it’s now possible to broadcast your HR from the FEnix 6 over either Bluetooth SMART or ANT+. More info on dcrainmaker.com
More Info: Fenix 6: Firstbeat Insights
Fenix 6s: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15166
Fenix 6s Pro: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15164
Fenix 6: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15162
Fenix 6 Pro: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15160
Fenix 6x Pro: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15168
These new firmware versions contain oHR bug fixes, updates to the Surf & Golf profile and these
- Added support for Altitude Acclimation widget. (Menu > Widgets > Edit > Add > Alt. Acclimation)
- Improved Broadcast Heart Rate and added support for simultaneously broadcasting through ANT+ and Bluetooth.
- Updated the user interface for Stress and Calories widgets.
This content is not sponsored. It’s mostly me behind the labour of love which is this site and I appreciate everyone who follows, subscribes or Buys Me A Coffee ❤️ Alternatively please buy the reviewed product from my partners. Thank you! FTC: Affiliate Disclosure: Links pay commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.