Suunto 7 – Key Updates
The Suunto 7 has just got some KEY updates that go a lot of the way from changing the Suunto 7 from ‘hmmm that’s interesting but…‘ to ‘yep, they covered the bases, it’s the best Wear OS sports watch‘. I’ve already updated the Suunto 7 Review but here are the changes in more detail.
Return to main Suunto 7 Review
- Addition of new Suunto TODAY Tile – a TILE can be seen as one of several home screens for the watch (not for the Suunto WearOS app)
- Access to steps, calories and recovery time on the new TODAY TILE and the Suunto mobile app
- Customised Sport Profiles: These are created on the app as new sports profiles where you can pre-select data metrics. The following images show the creation of the custom sports profile on the Suunto Android app and then how it appears on the Suunto 7 itself
Enhancements and fixes:
- Extended integration of activity and exercise data to Google Fit. This basically means that your steps and calories that you record in the Suunto app will be sync’d to Google Fit. This was previously a notable omission.
- Improved location and distance accuracy. I originally found that the Suunto 7 needed work on its accuracy (link). Hopefully, accuracy has taken a step forward.
- Extended user guidance notifications
- Various other bug fixes, language translation improvements and performance optimizations
Check your Suunto 7 is on the version PXDB.200528.004, if not charge your watch and search for a system update. Only when you have the watch up-to-date will the options appear on the app that let you create a custom sport profile. It’s a staged rollout starting 30Jun.