Wahoo RIVAL latest Firmware update
The February update of Wahoo’s RIVAL triathlon watch gives us one new feature of sporting note, namely the ability to broadcast running pace and cadence (BLE/ANT+) which is added to the existing ability to broadcast HR. All of those are mostly intended for Zwift-like training or highly obscure sports apps.
There are also some new types of notifications, below, and a ‘don’t forget to press the start button‘ option. #Handy
Without realising, I was on the iOS Wahoo beta program.
So I had some of the new functionality last year, including being able to set up multi-leg (10) custom multisport profiles on the app and to show and record STRYD running power on the watch during workouts. Apologies to those who read my review and wondered why they couldn’t see the same. Hopefully, that functionality is there now. Please let me know if not.
You would have thought that broadcasting accurate pace was more important than blindly broadcasting inaccurate pace. I would have hoped that using a footpod as a source of speed (which includes supporting NPE RUNN‘s pace data) would surface first.
Also, FE-C support and structured workouts are surely more important than WhatsApp notifications. Admittedly, it’s probably harder work to get that up and running and I’m sure it must be in Wahoo’s near-horizon time plan.
Must Read: Wahoo RIVAL Full Review
ELEMNT RIVAL 1.38.41 – 23 February, 2021
- Added: Broadcasting Running Pace and Running Cadence from RIVAL via Bluetooth and ANT+
- Added: Notifications from additional messaging services on iOS: WhatsApp, Signal, Line, Telegram, WeChat
- Added: Start/Pause reminder will prompt users to start their workout if user is in motion but has not started the workout or has manually paused but not resumed
- Updated: New Pace Chart workout page for Lap data
- Updated: Improved notifications delivery on iOS devices.
- Updated: Improved readability of Pace data in workout