Garmin Edge Updates Today
There are updates today to the Edge 830, 530 and 1030 Plus with several bug fixes here but also a few new nuggets of interest. These updates are identical to those released in beta over a month ago.
For the Edge 530, 830 and 1030 there is a more extensive beta list of features the most interesting of which seems to be some nice tweaks to map- & route-related features. Take a look…
Edge 1030 – Changes made from 4.10 to 5.10:
- Course Routing
Improved course routing speed.
Added automatic course route caching.
Improved map visibility and contrast with new map themes.
Added a popularity layer to highlight roads that Garmin users have ridden the most.
Added directional arrows to routes, courses, and history lines.
Added smart syncing before an activity.
Added a Sync Now button to the settings widget and the Connected Features > Phone menu.
- Updated Firstbeat library for various improvements and bug fixes including a fix for training stats being reset on a multiple-day activity.
Fixed issue with BLE sensors in CIQ data fields after waking the Edge from sleep mode.
Fixed issue where activity controls would not work in a CIQ app.
- Improved Garmin dual-mode sensor management.
- Improved power meter calibration and software updates.
- Improved the cycling dynamics page.
- Increased maximum number of workout steps from 50 to 100.
- Combined the indoor trainer Target Power and Resistance data fields into a single new ‘Trainer Mode Value’ data field that will dynamically change the title and value based on the current trainer mode between Target Power, Slope, and Resistance options.
- Added support for including metabolic calories in the total calories reported in the calories data field and recorded in the activity file.