Garmin Edge Updates Today
There are updates today to the Edge 830, 530 and 1030 Plus with several bug fixes here but also a few new nuggets of interest. These updates are identical to those released in beta over a month ago.
For the Edge 530, 830 and 1030 there is a more extensive beta list of features the most interesting of which seems to be some nice tweaks to map- & route-related features. Take a look…
Edge 1030 – Changes made from 4.10 to 5.10:
- Course Routing
Improved course routing speed.
Added automatic course route caching.
Improved map visibility and contrast with new map themes.
Added a popularity layer to highlight roads that Garmin users have ridden the most.
Added directional arrows to routes, courses, and history lines.
Added smart syncing before an activity.
Added a Sync Now button to the settings widget and the Connected Features > Phone menu.
- Updated Firstbeat library for various improvements and bug fixes including a fix for training stats being reset on a multiple-day activity.
Fixed issue with BLE sensors in CIQ data fields after waking the Edge from sleep mode.
Fixed issue where activity controls would not work in a CIQ app.
- Improved Garmin dual-mode sensor management.
- Improved power meter calibration and software updates.
- Improved the cycling dynamics page.
- Increased maximum number of workout steps from 50 to 100.
- Combined the indoor trainer Target Power and Resistance data fields into a single new ‘Trainer Mode Value’ data field that will dynamically change the title and value based on the current trainer mode between Target Power, Slope, and Resistance options.
- Added support for including metabolic calories in the total calories reported in the calories data field and recorded in the activity file.
This content is not sponsored. It’s mostly me behind the labour of love which is this site and I appreciate everyone who follows, subscribes or Buys Me A Coffee ❤️ Alternatively please buy the reviewed product from my partners (which costs you no extra) and, for that, I receive a small commission. Thank you! This really is reader-powered content.
FTC: Affiliate Disclosure: All links pay commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.