Garmin Fenix 6 & Updates Today in beta
These new features are in beta. I wouldn’t recommend installing them unless you are willing to accept the risk. That said, Garmin‘s pre-release betas are generally better than most. You will need to install these manually and instructions are given on how to do that in the links below.
Of particular interest to me is the SLEEP WIDGET and the other key additions have been highlighted in bold text below.
For indoor trainer workouts check out dcrainmaker’s post where he points out that Garmin’s Training Status metric (finally) includes workouts recorded inZwift, TrainerRoad, The Sufferfest and Tacx App Workouts
Must Read: Fenix 6 Bible – aka very detailed review
- Added the ability to rate the perceived effort and feel of a Run, Bike, or Swim activity. The prompts appear during activity save. Go to [Activity] Settings > Self Evaluation for options.
- Added sleep tracking widget with sleep score and insights by Firstbeat Analytics
- Added metabolic calories into the total calories reported in the calories data field and recorded in the activity file.
- Added setting to enable/disable workout audio prompts.
- Updated workout audio prompts for hundredths distance precision.
- Updated Intensity Minutes determinations to align with guidance from CDC.
- Improved feedback on stress level readings.
- Improved calorie calculations for activities using a power meter.
- Improved results for daily Body Battery calculations.
- Improved visibility of Climb Pro alert page.
- Improved power meter calibration and settings.
Fenix 6 series
Garmin Fenix 5 Plus Series
I don’t think Garmin shares the love with you guys…just some bug fixes here folks